Polyester lids are a standard product that will seal to PS, PP, PET and paper PE containers.
Polyester lids provide a number of advantages. In terms of printability, polyester provides an excellent surface for printing on; allowing customers to take advantage of more technical aspects, richer colour and higher definition finishes. This is achieved largely due to the solid white surface colour available with polyester. If your lids requires a truly striking print finish then we recommend investigation into white polyester.
Polyester lids are also available transparent and with partial heat seal lacquer.
We have introduced a new RPET material with 30% recycled content. This material has the same optical and machine properties as standard white or clear PET films and is an exciting development in recycling post consumer and industrial waste
For the food sector, polyester being a non-metallic material makes perfect sense for “end of line” metal detection to ensure that the quality control and safety checks can be made with complete confidence and unaffected by any aspect of packaging.
Polyester lids offer great resilience to puncture and tearing assisting with maintaining product security throughout the supply chain and right through to the end user experience which is easy and reliable.
Furthermore, polyester is perfect for the application of micro-perforations to help with product separation on multi-pack lidding meaning that same high quality print can be applied across individual and grouped products.
Polyester lids provide many benefits
- Excellent white surface providing improved graphics and colour definition
- Available transparent and with partial heat seal lacquer
- Non metallic material allowing for ‘end of line’ metal detection
- High puncture and tear resistance
- Micro-perforated for easy separation of multi-pack lidding
- Versatile and easy to use
Embossing: Pin dot
- White polyester with heat seal lacquer and co-extruded heat seal layers
- Touch-clear polyester (PET) – Offers the same properties as standard polyester but with the added advantage of being able to view all or part of the packed product
- Partial lacquered clear Polyester (PET) – Offers the same properties as standard polyester but with the added advantage of being totally transparent with the exception of the heat seal area (This product option may require origination of gravure cylinders)
- Metallised Polyester (MET-PET) – Offers the same properties as standard polyester but with the added advantage of a ‘metallic’ surface and improved barrier properties