- Total barrier against water vapour & oxygen transmission as well as light and aroma making it an ideal choice for sensitive and extended shelf life products
- Option of no embossing
- Logo embossing as well as standard patterns such as random grub and fine linen
- Forming of recessed lids for special application such as ‘spoon-in-lid’, hot fill products and ‘easy location’ (see below)
- Easy peel or weld seal applications
- High product resistance
- Improved puncture and tear resistance
- Versatile and easy to use
Laminated materials can be used for “aggressive”, corrosive products or those that require additional processing such as cooking or hot fill contents.
Laminated lids can also offer a welded (un-peelable) seal so are also an ideal solution for chemical-type products.
The flexibility of laminate lids means that they can also offer an easy peel that works well for food packaging where the end user requires a good peel with a reduced risk of tearing the lid.
Laminates can offer a total barrier against water vapour & oxygen transmission as well as light and aroma. This makes them ideal choice for sensitive and extended shelf life products.
Laminate lids can be embossed with custom logo designs as well as random grub and fine linen patterns. Recessed lids can be created using laminates for special applications such as spoon-in-lid and hot fill products.
Puncture and tear resistance can be drastically improved with laminate materials which ensures product integrity and consumer safety with laminated lids also available with easy peel or weld seal options.
Gauge: .040 / .048 / .070 / Various laminates with HDPE, PET and modified PE as well as combinations such as .012
PET/.048 alu/heat seal lacquer (tear resistant lidding)
Embossing: Various / None
Non-aluminium laminate is also available using .065 Polyester with an .040 cookable & peelable PP sealing layer for products such as pate and steamed puddings that have a post cooking process and require metal detection of the packed product. This material also allows for microwaving by the consumer.